Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Progress Update


Hello Everyone!


Thank you for all your support so far! And am extremely happy to report that between contributions from my friends through my Facebook group called $2 for Elizabeth and Paraguay, my extra work hours, and the extremely wonderful contributions I have received in the mail thus far, the amount raised as of today, Wednesday March 25th, 2009 is $547! Thank you so much! If this great success rate continues I will be able to reach my goal of $4400 in no time.


People have been really receptive and excited for me and my experience this summer so I want to thank everyone for that. Especially my friends at school who will hand me $2 without me even asking for it, and to everyone who has mailed in checks, I appreciate it so much.


In addition to the fundraising efforts I have applied for two grants through Boston College, one through the Film Studies department and one called an Advanced Study Grant. I am waiting to hear if these grants will work out (I should hear by mid-April). These grants would also be an extreme help! I have already been awarded the Film Studies grant for $1000 (called the Jacques Salmanowitz Documentary grant) which would involve making a short documentary while in Paraguay, but I can't accept it unless my documentary proposal is approved by AMIGOS, Plan Paraguay, and the host community, so fingers crossed!


Thanks for everything,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment